I have learnt so much as a new blogger in the past 9 months!
I thought I would share my top 5 tips for all beginner bloggers. I hope they prove useful to you!
1. Write, write and write some more! Writing will help you find your style and that is what will help to bring readers to your site. If you are writing interesting or readable posts, readers will come back for more.
2. Connect with other bloggers. I found many on my social media sites. Read lots of different blogs and write comments. I spend most evenings reading and commenting on other people’s blogs as it’s such a great way to meet people! Other bloggers are a friendly bunch and most will offer advice if you ask. Be yourself. It’s great to get ideas from other bloggers but you do need to find your own voice. It has taken me a good few months to feel really happy with the direction of my blog and that’s ok. You may play around with your blog for a while and that’s ok too! A piece of friendly advice though, add social media buttons to your blog. Others may not want to follow you as an email subscriber but they may follow you on Instagram or Twitter.
3. Link up at link parties or using Linky badges. They are hosted at other bloggers site (I have a garden one) and you can read a variety of posts from bloggers who have also linked up. My favourites are on my widget (the side panel). They are a fun way to connect with others and I love the fact that I’m connecting with some of the same bloggers each week so you begin to feel part of a blogging community.
4. Do you like this badge? I know the bicycle has nothing to do with blogging! I just love the photo! I made this using Canva. This is a graphic design service where you can drop and select pictures, photos and texts to create badges, social media graphics and invites. It has lots of layouts already so it’s really simple and slightly addictive!
5. Find free photos at unsplash a great site if you need a free photo. There are loads on this site and you don’t have to worry about copyright. Photos do make your post more interesting for your reader. I have also learnt that if you click on the photo, you can add a comment to it.
I hope you found this useful. Please do contact me if you want any help. I will give it if I can. I’m still learning too but I would be interested if you agree with my 5 tips.
My blog is not self hosted yet. I will attempt this one day but for now I am with WordPress and am very happy with it. There is a great community using WordPress so you could also pop along to the Community pool to meet other bloggers.
OH THE JOYS OF LIVING IN THE OLD HOUSE IN THE SHIRES.
The Tale of Mummyhood