Thank you to Roda for nominating me for The Real Neat Blog Award! Roda blogs at Growing Self and is one of those bloggers you end up chatting to as you find you have a lot in common! Here is the link to her blog:
How Does It Work:
Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 7 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 7 new blogs to receive the award and write them 7 new questions
- List the rules and display the Real Neat Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
The Old House Nominations:
*I understand that not everyone chooses to be a part of the award nomination process. By nominating the following 7 blogs, I am able to show thanks and appreciation for the joy these individuals have brought to my life. I have selected some old friends and some new favorites! If you choose to take part, that is fantastic! If not, no worries! Just keep writing…♥
Roda’s Questions for me:
1) Paper or Plastic?
Paper! Plastic is the evil of the environment and I try not to use any. I avoid food that is packaged too much in plastic and I recycle all. Paper can be composted!
2) If you could transform into any animal, what would it be?
Great question! It would have to be my dog! I would love to see my world through her eyes.
3) Who is your historical soul mate?
That’s a tough one. There are so many figures from history that I admire but one that is my soul mate? How about Tsarina Alexandria of Russia who died in 1918…..I think I just want to wear her clothes! Is that bad?
4) Are you a city mouse or a country mouse?
Country mouse without a doubt. Give me trees, flowers, fields and wildlife any day!
5) What is your favorite vegetable?
I love lots of vegetables so I would have to name the ones I don’t like? I don’t like artichoke or red onions.
6) Favorite book?
So many choices……I’ve recently read The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck which I missed when devouring the classics in my late teens. My daughter is taking English Literature and I am enjoying reading some of the books on her reading list! I think my favourite would have to be a children’s book though -The Gruffalo perhaps.
7) Why do you write?
Because I love it! I really didn’t think I would take to it as much as I have. After 7 months, that feeling hasn’t gone away – the one where an idea excites me!
- If money was no object, where would you go next on holiday?
- What makes you happy and why?
- What is so neat about your blog?
- What would you do on a “perfect” day?
- What would you say was the turning point in your life so far?
- What motivates you to continue blogging?
- What are your plans for the summer?
I am celebrating having 1000 followers too this week (now at 1124) so I’m thrilled that people are enjoying my blog! Thank you so much everyone! You are all awesome!